Saturday, May 23, 2015

Biscoff Mug Cake #2

Biscoff Mug Cake #2 - made May 9, 2015 from Something Swanky
I was so emboldened by my success on the last mug cakeI’d made, erasing my complete and utter failure on the first mug cake I’d made (that I never bothered to blog about since it was a serious disaster and I couldn’t even eat it or bring myself to take pictures of it) that I decided to try my luck again. My one-track taste buds were still on a cookie butter spree so I tried another Biscoff mug cake. This one was simpler and had fewer ingredients than the other one but was equally easy to make.

I don’t know that I was super impressed with this one or if it’s just the novelty of mug cakes wearing off but, similar to the other one, while this one turned out, it also had more of a spongy texture than a baked cake which has a softer crumb. It was still good and it’s hard to not like a warm cake with cookie butter melting over it but I have to admit, I think I only made this because I wanted the cookie butter to have something to sit on. Still a good option if you want a quick, easy, one-serving dessert for those impulse sweet tooth moments.
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 heaping tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons cookie butter, Biscoff spread or Speculoos
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. Spray the inside of a mug with nonstick cooking spray. 
  2. Mix all the ingredients together in the mug, using a fork.
  3. Microwave for 30-45 seconds or until done.
  4. Spread with a dollop of cookie butter on top and eat while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment