Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies - made dough February 28, 2015 from Knead to Cook
I think I was in my cookie butter phase when I initially pinned these. They had such tantalizing promise when I first saw them on pinterest. It seemed like the best of both worlds, chocolate chip cookies and cookie butter. That was before I decided that cookie butter and chocolate don’t marry as well as I would like. It was also before I made the Speculoos Cookie Sandwiches and had a taste of what the homemade real thing is like.

To be fair, this wasn’t meant to be like the speculoos cookie sandwiches and was more about adding a different slant to chocolate chip cookies. It was good but I think I’m conflicted as I prefer more of a straightforward cookie butter flavor or a full-on chocolate chip cookie. If you like both, this is a good version to try as it is crisp at the edges and chewy in the middle. It even looks like a regular chocolate chip cookie so when you spring it on your unsuspecting friends without explanation of what it is *cough*, they might wonder at first “what’s different about this?”
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, slightly cooler than room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cookie butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips, more if desired
  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Scrape down the sides, add cookie butter, egg and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat for 1 minutes. Add and stir, by hand, chocolate chips. Scoop into dough balls and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
  3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and space cookie dough balls evenly, leaving about 2 inches in between. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until golden around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment