Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies - made dough October 20, 2014 from Living Better Together
If you notice I've been making a lot of cookie recipes lately, that trend is likely to continue. I'm still trying to keep on a baking and blogging schedule even though I can rarely bake during the week and I write up my blog posts like mad on the weekends for doled out blog posts during the week. Cookie doughs are the easiest to make when I have time then I can freeze the cookies and bake them off just when I need them. Plus when I'm making up goodie bags for social occasions, it's nice to be able to provide several different kinds of cookies, all of which I have as dough reposing in my freezer until it's time for them to leap into the oven for their transformation from raw dough to cookie.
I'm also trying to make my way through my cookie board on pinterest and this one was an easy recipe to cross off my list. Time these since it's hard to tell when chocolate cookies are done just by appearance and you never want to overbake cookies. The nice thing about these cookies is they stay almost as chubby as how you make them. If you want puffy, rounded cookies, scoop them with an ice cream or cookie scooper, freeze then bake from frozen dough. They won't spread much and will retain that chubby cherubic appearance.

Taste-wise they're not super chocolaty since the chocolate flavor comes mostly from the pudding mix and the rest from the chocolate chips. If you're a die-hard chocoholic, you might have to eat several before your chocolate tooth is satisfied. But it's a nice little cookie, soft and moist. If you want to increase the chocolate punch, try subbing out a little of the flour (no more than 1/4 cup) with dark unsweetened cocoa powder.
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 - 3.4 oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup 60% chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
  1. Cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add pudding, eggs, additional egg yolk and vanilla. Beat for about one minute on medium speed.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a 1/2 cup at a time and mix until combined.
  4. Fold in chocolate chips. Portion into golf-ball-sized dough balls, cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or else place in freezer bag and freeze for at least 2-3 hours.
  5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Space dough balls evenly on baking sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment