Monday, July 7, 2014

Restaurant Review: Thaiphoon

Thaiphoon - lunch on June 26, 2014
I met my friend Jenny for lunch here on the last day at my old job. It was my way of ensuring I actually left the building early on my last day. I'd been putting in 11- to 12-hour days in my last two weeks; clearly I failed at short-timers' disease so my last day was my only chance. I kept telling my coworkers I was only staying until the mall opened (at 10 am). I didn't quite make it out that early since I was still working on emails by then but I did make it out in time to meet Jenny for lunch.
I don't know if there's much I can say about Thaiphoon. It was okay. It wasn't bad but it wasn't particularly distinctive either. I think they're slightly hampered by their location. Although located on a busy main street, there's not much in the immediate area except car dealerships so you have to drive here or walk over if you work nearby. I don't know if I would be pulled here for any particular reason. However, Jenny worked nearby and it was in the area where I could run errands so it was a perfect meeting place.
Soup
Other than that, I'd say it was a bit ordinary. I'd recommend it if someone was in the area and wanted Thai food but it doesn't stand out in my head as spectacularly unique. Jenny got the green curry chicken and I got the pad thai (of course). The pad thai was a tad oily but I've had worse. I've had better so this falls into the average category for me. Fortunately, my standards for savory food are lower than my standards for sweets so this was just fine.
Green Curry Chicken
The restaurant was bright from natural lighting, the service was okay and the prices were under $10 for lunch so it was cheap. It's a very typical Thai restaurant for my area.
Pad Thai, no bean sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment