My boss was in town the week I made these and I knew he was a peanut butter fan so I was looking around for peanut butter recipes (no, I'm not sucking up - really). We had a team dinner one of the nights he was here and, as is tradition, I bake for the team when we go out. It gives me a chance to try out new recipes so I can't claim to be entirely altruistic since I'm using them as guinea pigs for my experiments (no one's complained yet, at least not to my face).
|This has nothing to do with Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Bars but I just like this ornament :)|
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (can also use unsweetened chocolate)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with a mixer until the mixture is combined. In a separate bowl combine the oats, flour and baking soda then add that mixture into the butter and brown sugar mixture.
3. Press 3 cups of the mixture into the bottom of a 13x9 inch greased pan.
4. Microwave the chocolate for 45 seconds, and then in 10 second increments until melted. Stir in the peanut butter. Carefully spread the chocolate and peanut butter over the crust. Then sprinkle with the remaining oat mixture and the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
5. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.