Sunday, October 7, 2012

Nutella & Cream Sandwich Cookies

Nutella & Cream Sandwich Cookies - made September 29, 2012 from Flour Me with Love

Here's another recipe I found on pinterest.  The original recipe from Flour Me with Love had the filling as a combination of melted chocolate chips and peanut butter but I decided to keep the nutella theme of the cookie going and substituted nutella for the peanut butter.


There were very simple to make and the dough was easy to work with.  I made the dough balls small using my little ice cream scoop since I didn't want the sandwich cookies to be too big.  The cookies stayed thick and I was a little surprised at how crispy they came out.  They turned out almost like Nutella Oreos since the cookies were crisp rather than soft.  I think they would be better if I had flattened the dough balls a little before baking so they wouldn't be quite so thick.  But since I froze them first before baking, I couldn't flatten them.  If you're going to made the dough ahead of time, before chilling or freezing, rather than rolling into dough balls, make them into small disks.  Then maybe they wouldn't get so puffy.  Don't overbake or the cookies will be hard rather than crisp.  If you want  the filling to set more like a fudge filling rather than remain soft and creamy, use more chocolate chips and less nutella.


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C Nutella
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups flour 

Filling
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven 350 degrees; line cookie sheets with parchment paper.  
  2. Cream the butter and sugar together.  Mix in the egg and vanilla.  Stir in the Nutella.
  3. Mix in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
  4. Take about 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball.   Place it on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
  5. Bake for 15-17 minutes; until crispy around the edges.
  6. Let them cool for a few minutes on the tray before removing.  While they're cooling, melt the chocolate chips with the nutella and stir together until smooth.
  7. Spread some filling in between two cooled cookies and sandwich them together.

4 comments:

  1. I like the recipes you choose to make, but I really wish you'd give proper credit to the source. Pinterest didn't make these cookies. Which pin on pinterest? What link? Another blogger? I'd really like to know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the recipe title above the picture. It takes you to the original link of the recipe I got it from. Also, after the date I made it, I always cite the blog I got the recipe from. I ALWAYS give proper credit to the sources I use, check the top of each blog post and click on the links.

      Delete
  2. Oh! So sorry I didn't see that until you pointed it out! Well I feel like an asshole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries - I figure if you didn't see it, others might not have as well so I pointed it out.

      Delete