Friday, August 24, 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota - Day 1 dinner

Earlier this week I went on a business trip to Minneapolis.  I was only there for 3 days and 2 nights and as soon as I landed on the first afternoon and checked into the hotel, I went straight to the gym to run on the treadmill.  We were meeting our events management firm for dinner that night  and they are fantastic at hosting clients so I figured it would be good eats.  Which meant I had to get a workout in before then in anticipation of those calories I knew I would gladly consume.  Which was good because yes, we ate and yes, it was good food.  We went to a place called Seven Sushi and Steak Ultralounge & Skybar, had appetizers on their rooftop level (it was beautiful weather) and dinner on the mezzanine.  Pictures say thousands of words so I will just showcase some of what we ate.  I took a picture of my entree and all the desserts we ordered to share.  It seemed a bit rude to go around taking pictures of everyone else's entree (I do try to have some manners) but my colleagues were kind enough to humor me taking pictures of the desserts before they dug in.  Although you will notice the spoon mark in the Chocolate Dome below where someone started to sample before I could snap the picture.  After that they were good sports about letting me get the shot in.  For people who don't understand why other people take pictures of food, yes, I'm that annoying person.
My entree: tenderloin filet with lump crab in a honey butter sauce - yum
Molten Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Mousse Cake
Warm Blueberry Bread Pudding
Chocolate Dome
Strawberry Chantilly

No comments:

Post a Comment