Sunday, September 13, 2009

Peanut Butter Crumb Cake



Peanut Butter Crumb Cake - September 12, 2009


I haven't updated this note in awhile but that doesn't mean I haven't been baking because I have. Normally I like to try out 1-2 new recipes a week, sometimes during the weekend and sometimes during the week. My work schedule has been so crazy these last few months though that I've been doing most of my baking during the weekend. I make up cookie doughs and put them in the freezer to bake during the week, I'll bake brownies and freeze them and bring them into work the following week, and I'll make cakes that'll carry over into Monday.

Today, this Peanut Butter Crumb Cake is the first thing I made this morning. This is a recipe from Fearless Baking by Elinor Klivans. Turned out pretty well and would make a nice sweet for a brunch. I'm not a huge peanut butter fan. I like it well enough but I don't obsess over it like I would with chocolate or caramel. But the texture was nice and cakey with a good crumb. Not too overwhelmingly peanut butter-y either and it's super easy to make. My friend Karen was able to pick them up today to give to her house construction crew so it freed me up to bake some other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment